Wednesday, March 28, 2007

myspace makes me feel dirty

Of the last 20 myspace friend requests I've received approximately 1 was from a real person. My track record might be better if I used myspace proactively to 'friend' people I don't already know but that isn't likely to start happening anytime soon.

I don't know too may people who would want to declare their allegiance to someone advertising their adult webcam but apparently there's quite a demand for such things.

As I was writing this post I received 7 friend requests from spam profiles. Some of them looked like effort was put into making them believable but others are obviously fake:

Who I'd like to meet:
No files placed in the folder.

Yeah, that sounds like someone I'd be interested in.

1 comment:

Prozacgod said...

I was searching google for that exact text string, I did that a year ago, and posted it in my myspace blog, I found some wierd "spambot" love channel - it was a person who had that text in their "like to meet" section, they had probably 250 friends and all of them were posting ads back to this account, it was like the spam was talking to itself.

Anyway I just did the same search right now (finding your post), and turns out there are still spammers using that exact same software ... yet myspace has done bupkiss to fix it.

-Prozacgod